Monday, July 8, 2013

One From the Past

I was digging through some files the other day and came across pictures of a Yellow-bellied Flycatcher I took at Magee Marsh, Ohio back in May. I wasn't sure if I would use them or not. However, after looking at the pictures, the bird can be easily identified even without a recording, in my opinion.

No other eastern empid has a yellow throat, which this bird clearly shows.

Yellow-bellied Flycatcher
The bird also shows the small bill, long wings and yellow/green back characteristic of Yellow-bellied Flycatcher. Count it!

Don't forget, the goal of this photo big year is to raise pledges for American Bird Conservancy's work with endangered Hawaiian birds. Many generous donors have already contributed (thanks!). There is still plenty of time to contribute. Check out this page here.

No comments:

Post a Comment