Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Poorwill Picture

I had thought that I wouldn't get any more new photo birds in the Great Basin before I head east. I really regretted not tracking down a Common Poorwill early in the season when they were calling and abundant. Now, I hadn't heard a Poorwill for at least a week or two and thought I missed my opportunity.

On the evening of 8/5 I decided to drive around some roads that I have heard Poorwills at before. After a bit of driving, I found three Poorwills right on the road. After carefully approaching them, I was able to get some mediocre shots.

Common Poorwill


I only have 9 days left in the Great Basin before heading to Michigan. I hope to get at least another bird or two before the trip. Once in Michigan, it appears shorebirds are coming through and I hope to clean up some of the ones I missed in the spring. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment