Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Ruby Mountain Ferruginous Hawk

During my last full day in the Ruby Mountains, I photographed a very large hawk that I identified as a Ferruginous Hawk. However, I started to second guess myself so I sent some pictures around to some friends who also agree with Ferruginous Hawk. Why I second guessed myself, I do not know. Enough about that, here are the pictures.

Ferruginous Hawk
Ferruginous Hawk
Ferruginous Hawk
Ferruginous Hawk
Obviously, the pictures are horrible, but it is probably the one and only Ferruginous Hawk I will see this year, so I'll have to use them.

Tomorrow (8/21), I'll be going shorebirding with a few friends in Michigan. If all goes well I should be able to see/photograph Stilt, Baird's and White-rumped Sandpiper. And Thursday I'll be in Minnesota!

No comments:

Post a Comment