Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Improvement

One of my goals for the flickr page (that contains every species photographed during this big year) is to update the poor-quality photos with better-quality photos if I happen to take any. Today I was able to take some much improved photos of Purple Martin and Pine Warbler, better than the ones I took earlier in the year. See for yourself. You can click on the picture to enlarge, and click on it again for an even bigger, higher resolution photo.

Pine Warbler
Purple Martin
As you might imagine, I'm getting pretty anxious for the major passerine migration. Reports of Hooded, Worm-eating, and Prothonotary Warblers are being passed along. The weather looks great for this coming weekend. I'm likely to do a local butterfly survey one of the days and spend the other around St. George Island and surrounding areas looking for migrants.

I should be able to photograph a couple new species around the property in the coming days as well. There is a Swallow-tailed Kite hanging around my plot. Barn Swallows are coming through, and Eastern Kingbirds are around as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment