Thursday, March 21, 2013

Just a Fish Crow?

In this photographic big year game, every bird counts the same. Fish Crow counts just as much as a Sprague's Pipit. Each new species is one closer to the goal of 500. Even the lowly Fish Crow.

Back in January, while birding Florida with my dad, I took the time to photograph a Fish Crow. This is an example of a bird that can not be identified by range since it overlaps with American Crow. Pictures can't be conclusive since they look extremely similar to American Crows. Therefore, on top of the photograph, I also took a video of the same Fish Crow calling. There are a few birds calling in the video, and all the calling crows are Fish.

Fish Crow



I don't have any new pictures as my camera is out of order. Don't worry, this won't affect the big year in the slightest. The problem is being taken care of.

No comments:

Post a Comment