Thursday, July 18, 2013

Red Crossbills

Even though Red Crossbills are around a few of the areas we work, they are sporadic and, before yesterday, I hadn't seen any. This is a species I wasn't worried about photographing out west as I knew I could get them in Minnesota. But, yesterday (7/17), while camping in Silver Canyon, CA, I had a pair that were very vocal, although less cooperative for photos. I haven't had the time nor resources to check what "types" of Red Crossbills have been documented out here, but I did take some recordings that I will send to the appropriate people.

Red Crossbill
Now, I'm off work for 4 days. Heading to Half Moon Bay and the surrounding areas. Will be birding all weekend, with a pelagic trip out of Half Moon Bay on Sunday. Check back soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment