Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Fundraising

A few people have mentioned it would be a good idea to update the blog every once in a while with how the fundraising portion of this project is going. I'm happy to say there has been quite a bit of support and plenty of time left.

At this point, 23 pledges have been made ranging from $0.05 to $1.00/ species! The 23 pledges have added up to $4.90/bird photographed, and one flat $50 donation. If I reach my goal of 500 species photographed, that equates to $2,500 raised for Hawaiian bird conservation.

I'm extremely grateful to everyone who has supported this project. I am really having a lot of fun, and it is for a good cause. I hope you are all enjoying as well!

Here is a breakdown of what to expect in the coming months. I finish my job in Florida at the beginning of May. Before that, I plan to get to the Dry Tortugas and expect to hit the rest of the S. Florida specialties once they arrive.

In May I'll track down some birds in Michigan. It also looks like a trip to Alaska is in the works. At the end of May, I'll be going on a road-trip to Nevada but may leave Michigan early and spend a few days in SE Arizona. 

The next two months are going to be very busy, but very enjoyable as well. Good Birding to all!


No comments:

Post a Comment