Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Digiscoping

I mentioned in a previous post that I scored a very cheap Canon S90 off eBay and rigged up a digiscoping adapter for it to attach to my Kowa scope. It has been years since I last properly digiscoped and I am still coming to terms with the settings. Today was sunny for a while in the morning, so I gave it the first real-world run through.

I went to the ADM road in Grand Ledge, Michgian where Snow Buntings and Horned Larks have been reported. I found 0 Snow Buntings, but Horned Larks were around. One perched up not too far off the road and so started my digiscoping. I'm very pleased with the result.

Horned Lark


Obviously, not all of my future digiscoping pictures will turn out like this, but it does show the potential. I'm really looking forward to using this more and learning the finer functions of the camera.

Also, please remember that one of my goals for this photographic big year is to help the American Bird Conservancy raise money for bird conservation in Hawaii. A few people have already pledged, which is great (THANKS)! See the "Donate" tab in the top header for more information.

1 comment: