Sunday, January 20, 2013

Tundra Swans

A report came through the local bird line of 4 Tundra Swans hanging out at Park Lake, Michigan in Clinton County. I saw Tundra Swans on 1/1 but they were fly-bys and I was too slow to photograph them. I quickly gathered my things and found the Swans mingling with Canada Geese on Park Lake. Sure enough, Tundras.

Tundra Swans

In with the Canada Geese was a strange hybrid looking thing. It has been decided that this is a Canada X Greylag Goose hybrid, but I'd be open to hearing other opinions.
Strange Goose


It got cold today... really cold. I'm busy trying to plan out a birding route for Floirda, pack for Florida, and get squared up with my doctor. I may not have a lot of time to bird in the next few days, but I'll try to get out for one last big outing.

No comments:

Post a Comment